THIS IS A SECONDS SALE PIN
This is a listing for flawed or imperfect enamel pins. The selection is dependent upon which designs have flawed units. Some flaws are more obvious than others, but all of these pins are still very wearable. Seconds Grades (B Grades) have been deemed less than "Standard Grade/A Grade" and may exhibit some of the following imperfections...
- Discoloration on enamel
- Discoloration on metal
- Dull or unpolished enamel or metal
- Under-filled enamel
- Enamel staining on metal
- Large scratches on enamel
- Inaccurate artwork
- Small areas of missing enamel
- One post on the back of pins that normally have two posts
- Missing metal lines
- Overfilled enamel covering metal lines
- Lint and dust on soft enamel
- Scratches and small gouges on soft enamel
- Incorrectly filled color areas
For more information, including the differences between a Standard and a Seconds grade pin, check out my Pin Grading Scale.
This starry narwhal pin is a 1.5″ piece set on a gold-plated metal featuring my original illustration of the awesome narwhal. The narwhal is a beautiful whale that inhabits the arctic waters around Canada, Greenland and Russia. This enamel pin is set with medium and light blues with gold starry accents along its body. This pin features two posts on the back for added stability due to the size, weight and balance of the artwork. Two posts will prevent the pin from rotating while you’re wearing it and keep it extra secure.