Shipping and Handling Information
This page covers my shipping times and estimated transit times for all orders. Please check this page for updated information about transit and shipping times to your country or region.
I ship internationally and use USPS. USPS will typically hand off your parcel to the local or regional postal carrier where you live once it leaves the United States.
PACKING AND HAND OFF TIMES
I typically pack and send out orders within 1-3 business days. Typically I pack orders within 1-2 days, but some unforeseen events (such as bad weather) may delay your order being packed. If there will be problems getting your order packed within 3 business days, I will make every effort possible to notify you of the delay.
Orders are usually sent to USPS the same day or early the next day once they are packed. Typically, you will receive an email notification with a tracking code once your order has been packed. If you do not receive this email, check your spam folder or get in touch with me to inquire about the status of your order.
If you are in a hurry to get an order sent out, please leave me a note with your order and I will try my best to move it up in my packing queue.
Transit Time is the time it takes USPS or the postal carrier in your region to carry and deliver your package to you. The following are estimated transit times for generalized regions around the world.
- Canada: 2-4 weeks
- Europe: 2-6 weeks
- United Kingdom: 2-5 weeks
- United States: 1-2 weeks
- Mexico: 5-18 weeks
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania: 2-6 weeks
- Asia Pacific: 2-6 weeks
- Latin America and the Caribbean: 3-8 weeks
- North Africa and the Middle East: 3-8 weeks
Some of the transit times above are very lengthy due to the speed and operation of the country's or region's postal system.
LONGER THAN NORMAL TRANSIT TIMES
I do my very best to pack and send out orders within my 1-3 business days shipping window. Unfortunately, once a package leaves my hands or is transferred to USPS, I no longer have control over its journey. If your package appears to be taking longer than normal please get in touch with me and I will attempt to find out where it is.
HOLIDAY SEASON TRANSIT TIMES
My send out schedule is always 1-3 business days, however, once an order is passed off to USPS, I no longer have control over its speed or delivery method. During the Holiday season, you may find transit times for your parcel to be slower than normal. For USA customers, it's best to add 3-7 business days to your order if you need your package by a certain date. For International customers, you may need to add 2-3 weeks to your order if you need it by a certain date.
I keep my shop open during all holidays and will pack and send out orders as soon as the post office will accept them. I am limited by postal holidays, if your order happens to fall on one of those, your order will be sent to the post office the day after USPS accepts packages again. The following are common postal holidays that are observed by USPS...
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
I'm located in Florida and severe storms may cause some delays in my ability to ship your order within the usual shipping window of 1-3 business days.
In the event that I cannot ship your order on time, I will endeavor to let you know as soon as possible and will ship your order as soon as the storm clears out and the post office reopens.
USPS provided tracking codes only work reliably within the United States. You can use the USPS tracking tool to find out where your parcel is located: USPS Tracking Tool
Though International orders may receive a tracking code, they are usually not accurate and are sometimes never updated. For International customers, please do not rely on the provided tracking codes as an indication of where your parcel is in its journey. If you require a reliable tracking code as an international customer, please get in touch with me and we can arrange for a solution. :-)
I can offer upgraded shipping options for domestic and international customers on a case-by-case basis. Please get in touch with me for options to upgrade the shipping on your purchase. In general, the following upgraded shipping options can be offered.
- USPS Priority
- USPS Priority Express
- UPS Ground (USA Only)
- UPS Next Day Air (USA Only)
- UPS Standard (Int'l Only)
- UPS Worldwide Express (Int'l Only)
Please Note: upgraded shipping options are not covered under the free shipping special. This means that even though your order may be above $40, opting for an upgraded shipping option will require that you pay for the shipping upgrade.
Most of the shipping upgrades offered above can be very expensive, especially for international orders. I will do my best to make the package as small and light as possible to ensure the best pricing.
I declare the costs of the items on the customs forms as accurately as possible. Failure to declare accurate prices on customs forms can result in heavy fines for the seller.
It is the customer's responsibility to pay any customs fees that may be charged on the package. Unfortunately, customs fees are outside of my ability to control and are the jurisdiction of your country's customs service.
If your parcel is held for inspection by your country's customs service, it may be delayed in reaching you by 1-3 weeks depending upon the customs service inspecting it. I typically request international customers whose parcels are delayed to wait an additional 2-3 weeks to allow customs to finish their inspection and forward the package on to its destination.
If your tracking number states that the order was delivered, but it's not at your door then one of these scenarios might be the cause:
- The carrier accidentally delivered your package to a neighbor. You can check with your neighbors to see if the package may have been mistakenly delivered to them instead. USPS, Canada Post and Royal Mail will usually ask you if you've done this step first.
- The carrier attempted to deliver the package but was unable to. Usually your carrier will make another attempt on the next business day. Sometimes, you may also get a notice that lets you know the carrier couldn't make the delivery. Sometimes, the only thing to do is wait an additional business day to see if the package shows up.
- Your package was sent to the wrong address. Sometimes this happens if you have an outdated address for your account. Double check that the address was correct. If it is correct, USPS can be contacted to sort through the issue. If it was incorrect or outdated, please get in touch with me. Your package may still find its way to you or it may be returned to me. In some rare instances, the package may be lost at this point. Unfortunately, we will typically need to wait a few weeks to see if it will reach you or return to me.
- Delivery of your package was unsuccessful. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but normally in this case, the package will be sent back to me. If I get any return packages, I'll try my best to contact you via email to confirm a delivery address before I send it back to you.
- Your package is lost or stolen. If your package has been lost in the mail, please get in touch with me and I will try my best to track it down. If you suspect your package has been stolen, please open a mail theft case with USPS.
OTHER SHIPPING TOPICS
For more information about shipping, transit times, and more, please check out my Frequently Asked Questions page.