An homage to motherhood, orcas or killer whales, and the ocean. This pin set features a mother orca pin and an accompanying baby orca pin. Both have starry motifs on them, the mother featuring a hole drawing in the stars into a singularity. Orcas or killer whales, despite the name, are technically dolphins--albeit the largest of the dolphins. They are some of the fiercest apex predators in the ocean. It's because they are so fearsome that the name of this pin set is, "Wolf Mother and Wolf Daughter". This pin set features a 2" female orca with a circular cut-out and singularity design along her body. The female orca pin comes with an included companion baby orca pin, measuring a little less than 1.25". Both pins are highly polished black nickel.
This mother and calf orca pin set both feature my original illustrations of a mother killer whale with a singularity or black hole design on her body and a starry orca calf. This enamel pin set primarily features a highly-polished and mirror-like black nickel metal finish with white star accents. The mother orca pin has two posts on the back for stability and security. The baby orca pin features one post on the back.
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the large areas of polished black nickel metal finish on both of these pins, you may notice some light surface scratches. The scratches are not noticeable during normal wear or display.
PICK YOUR PIN BACK
I ship my pins with custom colored rubber pin backs by default. If you would like a locking (deluxe) metal pin back, please choose the Locking Pin Back option when you go to add the pin to your cart. All metal pin backs come in a color matching the base metal of the pin.
- Highly polished black nickel-plated metal.
- 2″ hard enamel pin for the female orca, 1.25" hard enamel pin for the baby orca.
- Has two posts on the back of the female orca pin and one post on the back of the baby orca pin.
- Features black nickel plated metal and white accents.
- The mother and baby orca illustrations are based on my original artwork.
- Stamped with “Alum & Ink” on the back of both pins.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and packed in a bag for protection.
- Photography props and backdrops not included.