This beautiful Planisphere Star Chart pin is a semi-functional planisphere with a large spinning piece on top and a fully detailed star chart on the bottom. Planispheres are used to help locate stars by aligning the time dial on the top piece of the planisphere with the date on the bottom piece. This allows you to get an approximate view of the sky depending upon the direction you're facing. This pin is hard enamel and has two pieces where the top plate fully rotates. This pin has a black color base and is set on a highly polished gold-plated metal. The pin measures 3" and has four posts on the back.
- Highly polished gold-plated metal.
- 3″ hard enamel pin.
- Has four posts on the back to secure the pin.
- Features a a black and gold color palette.
- The planisphere illustration is based on my original artwork.
- Stamped with “Alum & Ink” on the back.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and packed in a bag for protection.
- Photography props and backdrops not included.
- This planisphere pin is a semi-functional but decorative item with artistic interpretation. Please consult with a full-sized planisphere appropriate for your latitude for more accurate stargazing.
SHIPPING NOTE: In order to protect this item on its journey to you, some bubble wrap will need to be used to add extra cushion. Due to the large size and delicate features of this item, each unit will be wrapped in a small sheet of bubble wrap and shipped in a sturdy padded mailer. International shipping may be more expensive than other items due to the weight of this piece.