This beautiful Mini Astrolabe gold pin is a decorative artistic interpretation of the classical instrument used to identify stars, planets, determine latitude and more. Astrolabes date back to ancient times and are highly versatile tools with gorgeous detailing. This miniature astrolabe is the small version of my large 3" Astrolabe. This pin is all gold-plated metal and has three pieces total. The top plate and middle plate on this mini astrolabe rotate 360 degrees. This is pin is plated in highly polished gold metal and measures 1.5" round, it has two posts on the back.
NOTE: Due to the delicate features of this item, each unit will be wrapped in a small sheet of bubble wrap and shipped in a sturdy padded mailer.
- Highly polished gold-plated metal.
- 1.5″ gold metal pin.
- Has two posts on the back to secure the pin.
- This pin is entirely metal with gold plating.
- This mini astrolabe is my artistic interpretation based on three of these historical instruments.
- Stamped with “Alum & Ink” on the back.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and packed in a bag for protection.
- Photography props and backdrops not included.