This cute blue ringed octopus color changing pin is a fantastical homage to the stunningly beautiful and very dangerous cephalopod that can be found in the coral reefs of the Indian and Pacific oceans. This pin has a special color changing feature that uses a thermal oil to shift the main body color of the octopus from a yellow green to a bright red when the pin is cold. This pin is set as a hard enamel pin with a polished black nickel metal base. It measures 1.5" and has two posts on the back.
This blue ringed octopus color changing enamel pin is a 1.5″ piece set on a polished black nickel metal featuring my original illustration of the beautiful blue-ringed octopus. This enamel pin uses a super cool color changing oil that uses temperature changes to shift the main body of the pin from yellow to bright red and vice versa. Red is the color state when the pin is cold and yellow is the color state for the pin when the pin is warm. This pin features two posts on the back for added stability due to the size, weight and balance of the artwork. Two posts will prevent the pin from rotating while you’re wearing it and keep it extra secure.
NOTE: Due to the color changing oil effect, these hard enamel pins may have more noticeable raised metal lines than traditional hard enamel pins.
PICK YOUR PIN BACK
I ship my pins with custom colored rubber pin backs by default. If you would like a locking (deluxe) metal pin back, please choose the Locking Pin Back option when you go to add the pin to your cart. All metal pin backs come in a color matching the base metal of the pin.
- Highly polished black nickel plated metal.
- 1.5″ hard enamel pin.
- Has two posts on the back to secure the pin and prevent rotation during wear.
- Features yellow, blue and beige colors with the yellow body of the octopus shifting to red.
- Uses an amazing color changing oil to shift yellow to red and vice versa.
- The blue-ringed octopus illustration is based on my original artwork.
- Stamped with “Alum & Ink” on the back.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and packed in a bag for protection.
- Photography props and backdrops not included.