This beautiful Planisphere Star Chart pin is a semi-functional planisphere with a large spinning piece on top and a fully detailed star chart on the bottom. Planispheres are used to help locate stars by aligning the time dial on the top piece of the planisphere with the date on the bottom piece. This allows you to get an approximate view of the sky depending upon the direction you're facing. This pin is hard enamel and has two pieces where the top plate fully rotates. This pin has a dark blue color base and is set on a highly polished gold-plated metal and measures 3" and has four posts on the back.
This pin features four posts on the back for added stability due to the size, weight and balance of the artwork. Due to the large size and heavy weight of this item, international shipping may be more expensive than my other pins. If you intend to display this pin or do not have a lot of experience with locking pin backs, rubber pin backs are highly recommended. If you intend to wear this pin then locking pin backs are recommended.
- Highly polished gold-plated metal.
- 3″ hard enamel pin.
- Has four posts on the back to secure the pin.
- Features a dark blue color palette set on gold metal.
- The planisphere illustration is based on my original artwork.
- Stamped with “Alum & Ink” on the back.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and packed in a bag for protection.
- Photography props and backdrops not included.
SHIPPING NOTE: In order to protect this item on its journey to you, some bubble wrap will need to be used to add extra cushion.