This adorable cuttlefish enamel pin changes color and is an homage to the chameleons of the ocean. Cuttlefish can quickly change their colors to hide from or warn off predators and more. This pin has a special color changing feature that uses a thermal oil to shift the body color of the cuttlefish from a dark purple red to a bright pink red when the pin is hot. This pin is set as a soft enamel pin with a polished black nickel metal base. It measures 1.5" and has two posts on the back. The thermal shift occurs in temperatures of 90F or above (32C). You can experience the color shift by rubbing the face of the pin or wearing it on a hot summer day.
- Highly polished black nickel plated metal.
- 1.5″ soft enamel pin.
- Has two posts on the back to secure the pin and prevent rotation during wear.
- Features white enamel and a dark purple that shifts to red.
- Uses an amazing color changing oil to shift dark purple to red and vice versa.
- The cuttlefish illustration is based on my original artwork.
- Stamped with “Alum & Ink” on the back.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and packed in a bag for protection.
- Photography props and backdrops not included.