Astrolabe Star Navigator Gold Pin (Seconds)Regular price $46.00 Sale price $32.00 Save $14.00
Sorry, this item is sold out. Sign up for a restock notification when this item is back in the shop.
THIS IS A SECONDS SALE PIN
This is a listing for flawed or imperfect enamel pins. The selection is dependent upon which designs have flawed units. Some flaws are more obvious than others, but all of these pins are still very wearable. Seconds Grades (B Grades) have been deemed less than "Standard Grade/A Grade" and may exhibit some of the following imperfections...
- Discoloration on metal
- Dull or unpolished metal
- Noticeable scratches on metal
- Inaccurate artwork
- Noticeable scuffs
- Missing metal lines
- Scratches and small gouges
For more information, including the differences between a Standard and a Seconds grade pin, check out my Pin Grading Scale. Though this pin is a seconds quality, it is fully functional.
This stunning Astrolabe Star Navigator gold pin is a decorative artistic interpretation of the classical instrument used to identify stars, planets, determine latitude and more. Astrolabes date back to ancient times and are highly versatile tools with gorgeous detailing. This pin is all gold-plated metal and has three plates total. The top plate, called a "rule" on a real astrolabe and the middle plate, both fully rotate independent of each other. This is pin is plated in highly polished gold metal and measures 3" round. This pin features four posts on the back for added stability because of the size, weight and balance of the piece. Due to the large size and delicate features of this item, each unit will be wrapped in a small sheet of bubble wrap and shipped in a sturdy padded mailer. International shipping may be more expensive than other items due to the weight of this piece.
- Highly polished gold-plated metal.
- 3″ gold metal pin.
- Has four posts on the back to secure the pin.
- This pin is entirely metal with gold plating.
- Both the top and middle plate on this pin rotate 360 deg.
- This astrolabe is my artistic interpretation based on three of these historical instruments.
- Stamped with “Alum & Ink” on the back.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and packed in a bag for protection.
- Photography props and backdrops not included.